On Thursday evening, 25 June 2020, the OLNC Property Improvement Committee had an outdoor meeting at the Slate House (built in 1867) and located at 1412 S 6th St, Bob Bajandas’ office and home. The weather was kind (for a change) with lower humidity, a slight breeze and comfortable temperature. The Committee occupied the rear porch, brick patio and brick walkways among the hostas, daylilies and ground cover and under the large oak and birch tree canopy.
Even though we had bamboo torches and a citronella candle, and no mosquitoes or other insects seemed to appear. Most of the folks present wore face coverings, spaced well apart and could hear each other quite well.
Subjects discussed related to:
- Tree plantings including maintenance, watering and future plantings
- Vacant building including demolitions and fires
- Traffic concerns
- Central Park improvements and construction
- Landmarks Guidelines Review and other subjects
Comments from PIC Meeting Attendees:
- John Sistarnik – “A very nice setting and it worked well.”
- Stephen Peterson – “ It was very comfortable, pleasant and I enjoyed being outdoors om a lovely garden.”
- Arnold Celentano – “It was a wonderful outdoor meeting and I would like to see us meet outdoors again.”
- Martha Schroeder – “Excellent setting, good social distancing and pleased to see most wore face coverings.”
- Joan Williams – “very comfortable in Bob’s garden with social distancing to conduct a meeting.”
- Herb Fink – “I agree with Arnold. Let’s do it again, and thanks for the special pastries Joan.”
We hope to have our next outdoor meeting later in July to review the revised Landmarks Guidelines.
Herb Fink, Chair Property Improvement Committee